Pickup vs Dump Banks... Question...

xnytxowlx

Sep 15, 2013
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
Other
Everyone, I am fairly new at this and am looking to increase the number of boxes I can get each week. I have a pick up bank, but only one branch of that bank chain is offering to order boxes for me. I have a dump bank, where I dump at numerous branches. My question is: Is it okay to order halves at one branch of a bank and dump them at a different branch of the same bank? Can they track that sort of information and cancel my account? Any advice would be very welcome. I am glad I found this forum... this is fun!!!

Thanks,
Seth

Upvote 0

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
One thing you could do, is just bag them up, bring them to your local branch, tell them another one of there branches takes the bags, offer to write your account number and name on the bags and they usually take them. That's how it's been with me haha

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you'll be fine I do it all the time with no consequences. as long as you're not overburdening one bank they'll probably never say anything to you

uncubano13

Jun 25, 2013
Wyoming, MI
Detector(s) used
Bought 2 of them from garage sales
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I WISH THE BANKS IN MY AREA HAD MACHINES TO DUMP THEM IN, I CURRENTLY HAVE TO ROLL MINE AND BRING THEM IN TO MY DUMP BANK, I reroll all mine and mark them

Mtldealer

May 8, 2012
District 12, SouthWest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Having all of your banks so close together can be a issue. Whoever (Garda or brinks) is bringing all the coin and picking it all up could be mentioning it to the banks. It happens to me.

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
Having all of your banks so close together can be a issue. Whoever (Garda or brinks) is bringing all the coin and picking it all up could be mentioning it to the banks. It happens to me.

... didn't even think of that ...... uh oh

Owassokie

Jun 28, 2012
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've burned bridges and I've built them. I'll echo ArkyBass and Infowarrior. Tellers float from location to location in the banks with multiple branches. You may get away with it or not. I wouldn't try it because you can only burn so many bridges with the big banks. If you do burn a bridge, check back in 6 months. There may be a completely different staff.

I'll also give my opinion on where and what to buy/dump. Your best bet for avoiding the same coin is to buy one courier and dump a different courier. I buy Brinks and dump Loomis. Coin typically doesn't make it back to "the Fed", it's simply rolled or bagged at one of the couriers local facilities. I believe this is how it works in my state. YMMV.

OO

JeepGuy

Sep 5, 2011
Okinawa, Japan
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to jump in late on this. I recently moved to a new area (much smaller city) and there are no free coin counters. Fees range from 3-7% and I've checked every bank within 30 minutes of my home. I've got to start rerolling in order to dump, but have seen folks mentioning the bags (coin lok?). How does this system work?

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry to jump in late on this. I recently moved to a new area (much smaller city) and there are no free coin counters. Fees range from 3-7% and I've checked every bank within 30 minutes of my home. I've got to start rerolling in order to dump, but have seen folks mentioning the bags (coin lok?). How does this system work?

Pm me

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread