What's new

Pictue of the civil war button

metalev4

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2006
Messages
1,166
Reaction score
565
Golden Thread
0
Here is a picture of the back of the civil war button I found. Any information as to what may have been on the front would be appreciated
-Ev
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1252.webp
    IMG_1252.webp
    23.2 KB · Views: 588
  • IMG_1252.webp
    IMG_1252.webp
    23.2 KB · Views: 588
Upvote 0
By what I can see it has what they call rmdc which stands for raised mark depressed channel, usually this places the button in the 1860-1865 era, can's see the front so I can't really tell what kind of button it is, but with rmdc you can be assured it almost certainly a cw era button......................Relicrick
 
I about 99% sure it's a back to a union eagle button. It's possible it an I, A, C or a couple other letters in the shield though
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom