What's new

Picture found in my yard after storm...Need your help

gadigger81

Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 12, 2011
Messages
428
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Trion, Ga
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATP
Hey everybody I need your help. I know it's a long shot, but you never know. Most of you have heard of the severe weather outbreak we have had in the southeast. Today I found this picture in my yard and I would like to return it to the owner. I live in Northwestern part of Georgia in a little town called Trion. I'm thinking this picture belonged to someone in Alabama. We didn't get any tornadic weather in our county so I'm ruling out Chattooga County. :dontknow: Just maybe someone will recognise this man or maybe the military equipment he is on. Thanks for all the help!!
 

Attachments

  • scan0015.webp
    scan0015.webp
    100.1 KB · Views: 1,013
Someone who was in the Army from 1988 or 1989.
 
Put it in the local newspapers first...might not have blown in from Alabama.
 
Dano Sverige said:
Put it in the local newspapers first...might not have blown in from Alabama.

Yeah I'm running it in the paper next week. The reason I think it didn't come from around here is because I live in a secluded area on a dead end road surrounded by mountains with one neighbor. But you never know. :dontknow:
 
Is that Samuel L Jackson???
 
The shoulder patch appears to be 167th Support Command. Good luck on getting that photograph back to its owner.
 
Thanks!!! I have a good starting point now. Amazing how you guys could zoom up on his patch, it was blurry when i did it. I'll keep you guys posted and thanks again! :icon_thumright:
 
Postscript: a quick google search found that the 167th Support Command, currently known as the 167th Theater Support Command, is an Alabama-based unit, with facilities in Birmingham, AL.
Good luck, sir!
 
Alarmadillo said:
Postscript: a quick google search found that the 167th Support Command, currently known as the 167th Theater Support Command, is an Alabama-based unit, with facilities in Birmingham, AL.
Good luck, sir!

Wow thats amazing! Thanks so much Alarmadillo!!
 
I just contacted a news office in Birmingham. She said Facebook has got a website set up to post all things found after the tornado outbreak. So if any others have found things in their yard you can post it there. Here is the address. http://www.facebook.com/myfoxal#!/pages/Pictures-and-Documents-found-after-the-A
pril-27-2011-Tornadoes/162443980482277
 
The Weather Channel website has a place for posting found storm items also. Might check it out.
 
RGINN said:
The Weather Channel website has a place for posting found storm items also. Might check it out.

Thanks I'll post it there also. :icon_thumright:
 
Just to give you guys a update....I have this picture on several sites with no response yet.....Not much of a update, but I haven't quit on it
 
GaDigger81 said:
Just to give you guys a update....I have this picture on several sites with no response yet.....Not much of a update, but I haven't quit on it

Still thinking about that. Mother nature.. Best of luck!
 
Terry Soloman said:
GaDigger81 said:
Just to give you guys a update....I have this picture on several sites with no response yet.....Not much of a update, but I haven't quit on it

Still thinking about that. Mother nature.. Best of luck!

I know, its aweful............Thanks!
 
You know, I just thought about contacting your local American Legion Post. Ask them to help you find info on Alabama posts and try and run this guy down by Faxing or Texting the pic around! What do you think?
 
Terry Soloman said:
You know, I just thought about contacting your local American Legion Post. Ask them to help you find info on Alabama posts and try and run this guy down by Faxing or Texting the pic around! What do you think?

Thanks Soloman, I think thats a great idea! :icon_thumright:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom