Goldmanford
Hero Member
- #1
Thread Owner
Hey fossil folks,
I was looking through some of my pictures on the computer and found several of the PCS phosphate mine in Aurora, NC. I know a lot of folks will be familiar with the mine and it's bounty and I'm sure seveal have collected there. These photos were taken during the 2010 Fossil Festival. My wife and I took a helicopter ride over the mine. The views include the former collecting area, the dragline that digs up the fossil bearing dirt, and some of the tiny Tonka trucks they use. JK - These trucks are HUGE in person.
Unfortunately, the last several years has been closed to collecting in the pit but hopefully they will open again to us collectors in the future.
Enjoy!
I was looking through some of my pictures on the computer and found several of the PCS phosphate mine in Aurora, NC. I know a lot of folks will be familiar with the mine and it's bounty and I'm sure seveal have collected there. These photos were taken during the 2010 Fossil Festival. My wife and I took a helicopter ride over the mine. The views include the former collecting area, the dragline that digs up the fossil bearing dirt, and some of the tiny Tonka trucks they use. JK - These trucks are HUGE in person.
Unfortunately, the last several years has been closed to collecting in the pit but hopefully they will open again to us collectors in the future.
Enjoy!








