What's new

Piece of Brass?

cornspike

Full Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2008
Messages
156
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Location
Old West
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-70, 5in dd coil.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any ideas? Found at a Virginia Fort. Has a hollow center, with a smaller hole with threads. Thanks
 

Attachments

  • Apr 2010 ft. powhatan 018.webp
    Apr 2010 ft. powhatan 018.webp
    8.8 KB · Views: 431
  • Apr 2010 ft. powhatan 017.webp
    Apr 2010 ft. powhatan 017.webp
    9 KB · Views: 416
My initial thought is valve stem cover/cap. Does it have threads?
 
Upvote 0
Its a part from an early car. I found two of them in an old park and they had writing on them. I googled the writing it and it was a part from a car from 1919 but I don't remember which part. Maybe the valve cover or tire valve stem cover as indicated above by Ironspike. I originally thought they were handles from the old multi-bit screwdrivers.
 
Upvote 0
Here are some old valve stem cover pics but no match.. :dontknow:
 

Attachments

  • valve stem cover.webp
    valve stem cover.webp
    29.7 KB · Views: 276
Upvote 0
Is the other end open or solid? Is there threads in the open end that is showing in the pic? I have an aftermarket ramrod that goes to my black powder hunting rifle. The end that protrudes out by the barrel tip has a threaded tip, and several cleaning jags cam with it that will screw on when the tip is removed. Just thought maybe that's what it was, but need to see several views to really tell. Monty
 
Upvote 0
Looks like there is threads in the smaller hole. Thanks to all
 

Attachments

  • Piece of brass 001.webp
    Piece of brass 001.webp
    6.4 KB · Views: 238
  • Piece of brass 002.webp
    Piece of brass 002.webp
    29.6 KB · Views: 234
Upvote 0
cornspike said:
Looks like there is threads in the smaller hole. I'm thinking valve stem. Thanks to all
If there are threads in the smaller hole, then it may be some kind of handle, like for a shaving razor or screwdriver. :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
Yes very small threads in smaller hole?
 
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
cornspike said:
Looks like there is threads in the smaller hole. I'm thinking valve stem. Thanks to all
If there are threads in the smaller hole, then it may be some kind of handle, like for a shaving razor or screwdriver. :dontknow:

I agree :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Odd brass piece
Replies
1
Views
346
Replies
3
Views
422

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom