Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got back from my annual trip to Arizona to visit friends and family. Last year I discovered a spot that used to be a camping/swimming/boating area along the Colorado river. I found a number of silver rosies and quarters and rings there last year, so of course I hit it again!
The finds tend to be pretty beat up, as the ground is comprised of rocks , gravel and hard pan, and was driven on for years. That's okay, better than clad.

I was able to hunt for about 8 hours, in which time I found;

14 silver rosies, ranging from 1953 to 1964
3 silver quarters
1 buffalo nickel 1936
1 Mercury dime 1944
2 sterling rings
1 sterling religious medal
1 Kennedy half dollar 1968-D (40% silver)
4 junk rings
and about $20 in clad

I'm going to have to take a trip down there just to metal detect for a week or so! There's plenty of ground I haven't covered.

Thanks for lookin' and have fun out there!

Attachments

• IMG_7770.jpeg
    IMG_7770.jpeg
    556.6 KB · Views: 320
  • IMG_7768.jpeg
    IMG_7768.jpeg
    601.8 KB · Views: 272
Upvote 59

Florida Finder

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Just got back from my annual trip to Arizona to visit friends and family. Last year I discovered a spot that used to be a camping/swimming/boating area along the Colorado river. I found a number of silver rosies and quarters and rings there last year, so of course I hit it again!
The finds tend to be pretty beat up, as the ground is comprised of rocks , gravel and hard pan, and was driven on for years. That's okay, better than clad.

3 silver quarters
1 buffalo nickel 1936
1 Mercury dime 1944
2 sterling rings
4 junk rings
and about $20 in clad

I'm going to have to take a trip down there just to metal detect for a week or so! There's plenty of ground I haven't covered.

Thatโ€™s a lot of silver for you. Congratulations are in order!

brianc053

Jan 27, 2015
Morris County, NJ
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oldmxrat, congrats on the great finds! Do you find most of it on dry land (where they were camping) or in the river (where they were swimming)?

OP
OP
oldmxrat

oldmxrat

Gold Member
Oct 25, 2020
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oldmxrat, congrats on the great finds! Do you find most of it on dry land (where they were camping) or in the river (where they were swimming)?
Hi Brian, it's all on dry land. The river has changed enough over the years to where this spot is almost inaccessible and no longer used. All the clad is 60's and 70's. I haven't found anything in the water except for fishing weights.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! :icon_thumleft: Let me know if you need any help....I'm only a few hours away! :laughing7:

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

3 silver quarters
1 buffalo nickel 1936
1 Mercury dime 1944
2 sterling rings
4 junk rings
and about $20 in clad

Awesome!!! Congrats!!!

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils -Minelab Manticore-
-Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow you found more in 8 hours than I found all last year! Congrats. I need to find a spot like that.

brianc053

Jan 27, 2015
Morris County, NJ
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Brian, it's all on dry land. The river has changed enough over the years to where this spot is almost inaccessible and no longer used. All the clad is 60's and 70's. I haven't found anything in the water except for fishing weights.
Thanks for letting me know. (I ask because there are some areas where Iโ€™m considering taking my Nox into a river and was wondering. Iโ€™ll still try it but will have low expectations).

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

3 silver quarters
1 buffalo nickel 1936
1 Mercury dime 1944
2 sterling rings
4 junk rings
and about $20 in clad

sweet haul! so much silver, wow. wtg

OP
OP
oldmxrat

oldmxrat

Gold Member
Oct 25, 2020
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow you found more in 8 hours than I found all last year! Congrats. I need to find a spot like that.
Thanks, I spent many hours researching to come up with that spot, and dozens of others that produced nothing. Just got lucky with that one.

OP
OP
oldmxrat

oldmxrat

Gold Member
Oct 25, 2020
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for letting me know. (I ask because there are some areas where Iโ€™m considering taking my Nox into a river and was wondering. Iโ€™ll still try it but will have low expectations).
My buddy spends all summer long IN the Truckee river and finds an incredible amount of treasure. I suppose it just depends on what goes on at a particular spot.

thormchammer

Dec 14, 2021
Timbered regions of the PNW.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

3 silver quarters
1 buffalo nickel 1936
1 Mercury dime 1944
2 sterling rings
4 junk rings
and about $20 in clad

Super cool! I am just a tad jealous!

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet I would love to find a spot like that, did you dig any low signals or just the high tones?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions