Pinpointer opinions

B

bshunter

WELL HERE IS MY 2 CENTS.....

I HAD A VIBRAPROBE & IT WAS OK, BUT I NOW HAVE A AUTOMAX & BULLSEYE MUCH BETTER TO USE I HOPE THIS HELPS

GOD BLESS & H!!!! :o

BSHUNTER ;)

OP
OP
True_Metal

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the input Bshunter, i will check those models out.

B

bshunter

i have a bullseye new for sale now on the board, check it out & let me know. it is new

godbless
bshunter ;)

Jul 25, 2004
I emailed a local fellow who sells md equipment out of his home, asking if he had the Vibra-Probe. He doesn't normally carry them and replied that he could sell me a pinpointer that goes "much deeper". Since I wanted something that could be used underwater I insisted on the Vibra-Probe, so he got one for me...

I was using a Wizard 2 -- a $15 dollar gizmo meant for finding nails in walls. It's far better than no pinpointer at all, but while it has only about a 1" range (about the same as a Vibra-Probe), it was difficult to tell where the target was relative to the Wizard's head end. With the Vibra-Probe I'm finding targets more quickly, since it only responds to metals at the tip, but I wish it had a slightly deeper range sometimes. (There are good arguments in favor of the shorter range though.) When using the Wizard I had to take my headphones off in order to hear it -- though it has LED's that light up, they are nearly impossible to see in full daylight. Naturally, with the Vibra-Probe I can leave the 'phones on.

The Vibra-Probe is a good tool, but whether or not it's the right tool for you is question only you can answer. I don't think you can go wrong by buying one, since -- even if it turns out not to be your preferred tool -- there will always be specific situations where it's the tool you'll want to use.

Shalom,
Mark

Ken/CO

Sep 27, 2003
Colorado
True_Metal
Since you're checking out pinpointers, make sure you try out the Treasure Mate by Tesoro. It's proven the most sensitive pin pointer made.

Ken

OP
OP
True_Metal

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the input all. Hmmm, decisions decisions.???

B

briansacco

My only experience has been with the White's bullseye and It has never missed thus far. The only design flaw with this locator is with the on/off toggle switch - it is in a bad location that tends to be "flipped" when placed in my pocket or pouch.

I highly recommend it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread