What's new

pinpointing tips and tricks?

Libralabsoldier

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2007
Messages
666
Reaction score
24
Golden Thread
0
Location
Baker,LA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
I am fairly new to this, and MDing in a yard or in actual dirt is a little intimidating. Today I was using a screwdriver as a probe, and only hit close to the object twice (ok, so one of those I pulled the pull tab right out by its ring). Is there some trick to this, or is it just learned by time and experience?
 
I can usually get to within an inch or so. But it didn't come easy. Most coils pinpoint differently. What I did with my coils was place a coin under a piece of cardboard and then pratice pinpointing to see how close I actually was. Then I would pierce the cardboard with an ice pick then slide the cardboard up to see how close the tip was to the coin. I also buried some coins in my test garden and then stuck a golf tee right over the coin and then went to pinpointing. I think it's just a matter of practice, practice.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom