What's new

Pipeline Trench...<<<SILVER>>>

  • Thread starter Thread starter dugupfinds
  • Start date Start date
D

dugupfinds

Guest
We went up to 1 of our farms in the hope that they had extended the pipeline trench which we had done well on last week. They had extended it around the edge of 3 large fields. So we gave it a couple of hours in the rain.

As they had dug down 1ft we knew that the undisturbed orange (O) clay layer would have stuff at least 1000 years old. This gave a real amazing buzz every time we broken into the orange layer, knowing that what ever it was it was OLD!

Dad got the first Roman Coin out of the O layer, then I quickly followed with a Roman coin which we have never found before (see below):
http://www.wildwinds.com/coins/sear/s4005.html

Dad got a nice Victorian toy whistle. I was the first to make a noice with it in 150 years.

I got a stunning 13th century buckle & plate.

I finished with a Hammered of Elizabeth I Penny of 1582-84.

I picked up 2 pieces of Roman high status painted tableware (Nene Valley) - A clue to the Villa which we are tracking down this year.

Lots to do this weekend (and Dad away Sat.). It couldn't of happened at a better time as we were out of land completely. (Even the Huge Field has over grown grass).
 

Attachments

  • bits1.webp
    bits1.webp
    96.1 KB · Views: 802
  • bits.webp
    bits.webp
    78.1 KB · Views: 785
  • buckle.webp
    buckle.webp
    36.4 KB · Views: 787
  • coins.webp
    coins.webp
    79.3 KB · Views: 781
Upvote 0
WOW! Super nice finds. Cooter
 
Awesome finds. We here in the US just druel when we see stuff that old.
 
awesome stuff!!! soryy i missed the first post, is this in the US or another country?
 
Man i sure do wish i had that much history where im at.
 
My dream is even thou we can buy them buy the Hordes on e-bay...Is to dig a Roman...Not much chance of that here in Virginia....LOL
 
I'd love to hunt over there dug....I would have a heart attack here but it seem's like it's old hat across the big pond.....Very nice dig's to you both....Thank's for clearing up that silver issue earlier ;)...HH!!
 
Ubelievable, sounds very exciting.
Those are some real nice finds and I hope you find more.
Happy Hunting!!!
 
civilman1 said:
I'd love to hunt over there dug....I would have a heart attack here but it seem's like it's old hat across the big pond.....Very nice dig's to you both....Thank's for clearing up that silver issue earlier ;)...HH!!

It is old hat, however you guy's have made me look at the average in a new light. I appreciate things more throu your eyes.

Wait until the season really starts & I will be doing plenty of happy dances for sure. This new land which has the trenches throu it will produce BIG TIME!!! I feel it. I have studied the Roman routes/field systems/maps/villas close by & I know somewhere on this land is an undiscovered Villa. We are going to be the first to find it in over 1800 years. Pretty exciting.

I enjoy posting here so Keep watching......

Tomorrows another day...........
 
Fantastic finds! I'm envious cause I don't recall any Roman settlements in Tennessee!
 
wow that is great

i wish i could find some roman coins in my neck of the woods
oh well ill keep dreaming

Nice Job on those digs
 
DF - awesome finds as always. I hope you find your villa.
 
those are all kick butt coins n stuff, just awesome
 
Awesome finds and congrats on the hammered! HH, Mike
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom