Pipeline Trench...<<<SILVER>>>

D

dugupfinds

We went up to 1 of our farms in the hope that they had extended the pipeline trench which we had done well on last week. They had extended it around the edge of 3 large fields. So we gave it a couple of hours in the rain.

As they had dug down 1ft we knew that the undisturbed orange (O) clay layer would have stuff at least 1000 years old. This gave a real amazing buzz every time we broken into the orange layer, knowing that what ever it was it was OLD!

Dad got the first Roman Coin out of the O layer, then I quickly followed with a Roman coin which we have never found before (see below):
http://www.wildwinds.com/coins/sear/s4005.html

Dad got a nice Victorian toy whistle. I was the first to make a noice with it in 150 years.

I got a stunning 13th century buckle & plate.

I finished with a Hammered of Elizabeth I Penny of 1582-84.

I picked up 2 pieces of Roman high status painted tableware (Nene Valley) - A clue to the Villa which we are tracking down this year.

Lots to do this weekend (and Dad away Sat.). It couldn't of happened at a better time as we were out of land completely. (Even the Huge Field has over grown grass).

Attachments

• bits1.JPG
    bits1.JPG
    120.8 KB · Views: 771
  • bits.JPG
    bits.JPG
    104.1 KB · Views: 761
  • buckle.JPG
    buckle.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 763
  • coins.JPG
    coins.JPG
    99.1 KB · Views: 755
Upvote 0

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
Flippin Stick n good luck :)
awesome stuff!!! soryy i missed the first post, is this in the US or another country?

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'd love to hunt over there dug....I would have a heart attack here but it seem's like it's old hat across the big pond.....Very nice dig's to you both....Thank's for clearing up that silver issue earlier ;)...HH!!

Wasabi

Nov 7, 2005
Brevard County, FL ~ USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalinbur II,White's Beach Hunter ID 300, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Fisher F75, Tesoro Golden UMax, Whites 4900/D, Bounty Hunter IV, Bounty Hunter Big Bud
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ubelievable, sounds very exciting.
Those are some real nice finds and I hope you find more.
Happy Hunting!!!

OP
OP
D

dugupfinds

civilman1 said:
I'd love to hunt over there dug....I would have a heart attack here but it seem's like it's old hat across the big pond.....Very nice dig's to you both....Thank's for clearing up that silver issue earlier ;)...HH!!

It is old hat, however you guy's have made me look at the average in a new light. I appreciate things more throu your eyes.

Wait until the season really starts & I will be doing plenty of happy dances for sure. This new land which has the trenches throu it will produce BIG TIME!!! I feel it. I have studied the Roman routes/field systems/maps/villas close by & I know somewhere on this land is an undiscovered Villa. We are going to be the first to find it in over 1800 years. Pretty exciting.

I enjoy posting here so Keep watching......

Tomorrows another day...........

OP
OP
D

dugupfinds

wesfrye53 said:
Fantastic finds! I'm envious cause I don't recall any Roman settlements in Tennessee!

Keep looking! :)

Tsalagi

May 4, 2007
Louisville, KY
Detector(s) used
discovery 1100/GC-1016a/GC1018
wow that is great

i wish i could find some roman coins in my neck of the woods
oh well ill keep dreaming

Nice Job on those digs

nealb

Jan 2, 2007
Omaha, NE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 and Discovery 1100
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DF - awesome finds as always. I hope you find your villa.

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds and congrats on the hammered! HH, Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread