Southern_Boy
Hero Member
- Joined
- Feb 2, 2007
- Messages
- 534
- Reaction score
- 4
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- New York State..Vestal, NY
- Detector(s) used
- Fischer CZ-3D
Hello Everyone!
This year has just been great for me and God I love this hobby. I get out alot more than before and I look for money! I enjoy reading everyones post and listening about they did not find anything but that darn CLAD!
Well, I have talked with a few friends on this site about what I plan to do and they think it will be hysterical. I invite you all to let me know what you think as long as it is appropriate and I look forward to your suggestions too!
For the past year or so I have always dug up clad and rarely done anything with the money. My family digs into my stash to get whatever they want and that is okay with me. What I am going to do is at the end of this hunting season I will be going out to a remote area near Binghamton New York and burying some money. The money that I put away will all be silver coins that I have gained from this hobby and I will be offering up clues on where the location of my loot is located at.
My first coin is an 1882 Silver Morgan Dollar: The 1882-S Morgan Silver Dollar is very common in Uncirculated and Prooflike conditions, but is surprisingly scarce as a Deep Mirror Prooflike. Because of the general high quality of the coins produced at San Francisco, it is easy to find well struck, bright, and attractive examples. The most common Uncirculated grades is MS-64, followed by MS-65, then MS-63; even MS-67 examples are readily obtainable. The finest examples graded by PCGS are 29 MS-68's, 3 MS-67's Prooflikes, and 8 MS-66's Deep Mirror Prooflikes.
Before I bury this Morgan I will be adding another silver coin to my stash. I am currently looking for another coin to purchase. Each year I will add more and more coins till the day I part from this world, which I hope will be a really long time from now.
I will post the actual burying of my "Pirate Stash" on Youtube and I really hope that people will have fun looking for it.....
Southern_Boy
This year has just been great for me and God I love this hobby. I get out alot more than before and I look for money! I enjoy reading everyones post and listening about they did not find anything but that darn CLAD!

Well, I have talked with a few friends on this site about what I plan to do and they think it will be hysterical. I invite you all to let me know what you think as long as it is appropriate and I look forward to your suggestions too!
For the past year or so I have always dug up clad and rarely done anything with the money. My family digs into my stash to get whatever they want and that is okay with me. What I am going to do is at the end of this hunting season I will be going out to a remote area near Binghamton New York and burying some money. The money that I put away will all be silver coins that I have gained from this hobby and I will be offering up clues on where the location of my loot is located at.
My first coin is an 1882 Silver Morgan Dollar: The 1882-S Morgan Silver Dollar is very common in Uncirculated and Prooflike conditions, but is surprisingly scarce as a Deep Mirror Prooflike. Because of the general high quality of the coins produced at San Francisco, it is easy to find well struck, bright, and attractive examples. The most common Uncirculated grades is MS-64, followed by MS-65, then MS-63; even MS-67 examples are readily obtainable. The finest examples graded by PCGS are 29 MS-68's, 3 MS-67's Prooflikes, and 8 MS-66's Deep Mirror Prooflikes.
Before I bury this Morgan I will be adding another silver coin to my stash. I am currently looking for another coin to purchase. Each year I will add more and more coins till the day I part from this world, which I hope will be a really long time from now.
I will post the actual burying of my "Pirate Stash" on Youtube and I really hope that people will have fun looking for it.....
Southern_Boy
Upvote
0







