signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just Checking on Ya Siggy How are you doing?

Up 'til about a week ago been taking a break from it all trying to get over the burn-out. Been working on software the past few days. Still want to get the FSC useable. The darned thing is unstable (probably not the right word) and not sure there is a software cure. But i'm stubborn and keep fiddling with that.

So, short answer is not rich yet.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I might have some wheels turning in my brain. The Contraption project ground to a halt over the past several months but i'm trying to resurrect things especially on the FSC (Field Strength Compensator). But it ain't done, just got the thought process moving again and hopefully in the right direction. Got a good feeling this will help because the error I found was blatant. Or put another way, the solution looks good on paper. LOL

Last edited:
OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did a small software "fix" and ended up with some improvement but a weaker signal. Nothing is free. So no, I don't like this version but maybe some head scratching I can come up with a slightly better solution. Oh boy, back to fun and games just where I left off. SSDD I will need to order more parts before I attempt to "fix" it again.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Woke up in the night and figured out I probably did not have the software right since i changed things. Everything needs to be in the correct order and it ain't right now.

morbiusandneo

Jun 16, 2007
Detector(s) used
Dowsing rods
L-Rods do not cancel l out false signals. Those need to be cancelled out to get the correct signal line you areafter, so I am summing your invention in progress is two units, not one? One stuck in the ground to cancel, second to pick up the signal?
Some guys in Turkey and Bulgaria independently confirmed this to be so....fwiw.....

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never used anything from from Turkey so no clue here what they are using. There's an outfit in Greece that has some kind of ground balance circuit. Wish i knew more about it. Looks like some kind of conductivity measurement.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did manage to get the amplifier soldered together, now if i could only get it to work!!! LOL No, I got it working but it took about $50 that i didn't have to spend. And now I am rethinking things and intend to go back in and do some more mods.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been trying to figure out how to install the mods. Don't have room on the board where I want to put it so before i know it I'll have a plate of spaghetti again. Oh well, whatever. Analysis paralysis. Hope to have this going like today.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually a plate of spaghetti is smooth. This is more like Ramen noodles, you know, a bunch of small curly pieces. LOL And of course i could not drag myself to the soldering iron but I did a little nicer wire routing schematic so "You can't always get what you want" goes to "get what you need", maybe. Anyway if this works I'll just have to redesign things to make room, NEXT TIME! So I am actually thinking about doing some soldering.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a signal but haven't finished hooking up everything yet. Remember what Piglet always says "What a mess!" I don't care right now. So I have high confidence it might work better than before.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some good news, the performance is improved. Some disappointing news, still not working right. Maybe still not the right parts. Will study some data sheets and wise up some.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i don't know. Data sheets say parts are good enough, maybe I was just expecting too much. Measurements say i can grab more but don't know if I should get greedy. Kinda like a hot rod engine. You add high compression heads and the connecting rods/bearings fail. Still don't have it in an enclosure. That's a big priority to avoid touching any hot wires...again. LOL

Last edited:
OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The school of hard knocks is a bitter pill to swallow, or in my case a horse capsule and a few crow feathers that got stuck in my throat.

My back-up went down and now the wife says I'm done with any more expenditures. Hopefully it's just a loose wire or cheap part i already have. Don't feel like tearing into it right now. Well maybe I learned something out of all of this power handling stuff but right now i feel like I'm lost and adrift at sea. maybe i just go puke and i'll forget about it.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found a discolored part (on the back-up unit) I never put a heat sink on, so will remove it and test/replace. It held up for nearly three years without the heat sink.

In other news I think I have the power issue figured out and just need to solder some parts together. Got everything I need for both.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably told this one already so stop me if you've heard it.

A saw a cartoon maybe late 1960's all these scientists in their lab coats are scratching their head because the big truck-sized computer wasn't working. The janitor is sweeping the floor sees the problem--the computer was unplugged!

Yah, a loooz vire.

That part I thought looked discolored was not, just a different coating kinda copper looking.

Last edited:
OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing a little solder and some duck tape and rubber bands can't fix.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm flop-flopping around like a fish out of water. Or as they say, "The situation is fluid." I guess that means not on solid ground. Got the back-up working and made another modification to it. So now I need to go back and redo the latest version because it turned out not good enough. The way I'm going I should have something working about the time the ground freezes here. LOL My comment 'You can't always get what you want.' was a not-so-subtle hint there were "issues". Turns out a couple things just not acceptable. But I'm still trying and learning as I go. Yeah, the thought occurred to me I may not ever finish this project. Or put another way, I may never quit working on it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My finances are worse than the last time I posted. And other painful stuff and medical procedures that went bad. The other day probably at the low point of my life. So yeah, if you don't like me (I guess that must be just about everybody LOL) you ought to be thankful things aren't all that bad for you. I'll get over whatever happens. Kinda reminds me of getting your boots stuck in the mud, you gotta hang on the the straps and pull yourself up.

I did make a couple more modifications to the Contraption but with everything else I still don't have the latest version in an enclosure. Been messing with some different frequencies so at least I have some good things to look back on instead of a world of pain and negativity. Like Louis Armstrong sang

"You've got to accentuate the positive
Eliminate the negative
Latch on to the affirmative
Don't mess with Mister in-between

You've got to spread joy up to the maximum
Bring gloom down to the minimum..."

So I hope it's all on the upswing from here. Like one guy sings "The future's so bright I gotta wear shades."

I recall a religious book I was reading said "You have unlimited potential." That's quite a powerful and true statement. I know people who think otherwise and that's the real tragedy.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread