What's new

Plate or badge from Chattanooga, TN

vantaj

Tenderfoot
Joined
Feb 7, 2014
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this item 17 years ago near Missionary ridge in East Ridge, TN while hunting Civil War relics. It is made of stamped copper or brass. It depicts an armored angel slaying a dragon. No inscriptions. Would like to Know what it may be and age.
 

Attachments

  • 100_0461.webp
    100_0461.webp
    199.5 KB · Views: 162
  • 100_0464.webp
    100_0464.webp
    252.3 KB · Views: 162
Saint Michael. il_340x270.253372765.webp no real info, I think the pic I posted (yellow thing)is a button mold.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I is not a token. It is larger then a silver dollar and it is stamped brass. What you are looking at in the first picture is the back.
 
Upvote 0
What I'm looking at is the person is holding his sword in his right hand in one image and in his left in the other; ergo, my comment.
Whether it's a plate, badge, token or whatever is not my immediate concern.
Don....
 
Upvote 0
What I'm looking at is the person is holding his sword in his right hand in one image and in his left in the other; ergo, my comment.
Whether it's a plate, badge, token or whatever is not my immediate concern.
Don....

Its the same item first pic is the back second pic is the front. Thin metal stamped clear through. Its the same image.
 
Upvote 0
Vantaj,
I think that type of button is generally called a 'Victorian picture button'.
Weather its old enough to be actually made during Victorian era I do not know.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom