What's new

Playground today and turned up this

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY ONLY MACHINES
Joined
Nov 17, 2004
Messages
4,939
Reaction score
4,609
Golden Thread
0
Location
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Clearly CZ is Cubic Zarconia or whatever … but what does those other letters mean ?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3812.webp
    IMG_3812.webp
    974.8 KB · Views: 879
  • IMG_3811.webp
    IMG_3811.webp
    645.2 KB · Views: 139
Upvote 19
Clearly CZ is Cubic Zarconia or whatever … but what does those other letters mean ?
No other markings that I can see… and doesn’t really pass the silver field test… (skin rub for a black mark)
 
The 'CH' stands for China. Not 100% sure but the 'SU' might be 'Sun', which is a Chinese jewelry manufacturer
 
I believe the ‘SU’ mark is for a company that traded as “Silver Unlimited”. A number of ebay and Etsy sellers are (incorrectly) interpreting the ‘CZ’ letters as an indication the company was based in The Czech Republic. I agree the letters are for ‘Cubic Zirconia’ and my notes from previous research indicate that Silver Unlimited was a (now defunct) internet seller of costume jewellery and likely shipping direct to customers from China.
 
I believe the ‘SU’ mark is for a company that traded as “Silver Unlimited”. A number of ebay and Etsy sellers are (incorrectly) interpreting the ‘CZ’ letters as an indication the company was based in The Czech Republic. I agree the letters are for ‘Cubic Zirconia’ and my notes from previous research indicate that Silver Unlimited was a (now defunct) internet seller of costume jewellery and likely shipping direct to customers from China.
I’m going to acid test it for silver, although I’m dubious of its quality. Seems pretty rare to find CZ stamped inside a cheap metal ring 💍🤷🏼‍♂️
 
I believe the ‘SU’ mark is for a company that traded as “Silver Unlimited”. A number of ebay and Etsy sellers are (incorrectly) interpreting the ‘CZ’ letters as an indication the company was based in The Czech Republic. I agree the letters are for ‘Cubic Zirconia’ and my notes from previous research indicate that Silver Unlimited was a (now defunct) internet seller of costume jewellery and likely shipping direct to customers from China.
Thank you 🙏
 
I’m going to acid test it for silver, although I’m dubious of its quality. Seems pretty rare to find CZ stamped inside a cheap metal ring 💍🤷🏼‍♂️
I did acid test it and of course it is not 😂
 
Sorry for your id'ing I was hoping in your favor
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom