What's new

Old Homesite Turned Park – Bottle Dump & Early 1900s Finds

JustOneMorePlug

Full Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2025
Messages
177
Reaction score
937
Golden Thread
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I detected a new area that an old neighborhood was torn down and later turned into a park. The finds are all over the place, but they’re definitely pointing to early homesites.
So far I’ve pulled a mix of household items—small drawer latch, a Tabbaco tin, an early plastic button, nash-seaman brass car tag. Along with that, I’ve got a few other odds and ends I’m still trying to figure out.
Off in the woods nearby, I found a bottle dump that's been rummage through. I found a shot glass, a couple ketchup bottles and a medicine bottle that was clearly in a fire.
Everything seems to line up with early 1900s activity, Hoping to pull out some silver on future hunts. Thanks for looking!
Scan_20260425_170024.webp
20260425_170148.webp
20260425_170029.webp
20260425_170046.webp
20260425_170032.webp
20260425_170121.webp
 

Attachments

  • 20260425_170032.webp
    20260425_170032.webp
    2.3 MB · Views: 48
Upvote 16
I detected a new area that an old neighborhood was torn down and later turned into a park. The finds are all over the place, but they’re definitely pointing to early homesites.
So far I’ve pulled a mix of household items—small drawer latch, a Tabbaco tin, an early plastic button, nash-seaman brass car tag. Along with that, I’ve got a few other odds and ends I’m still trying to figure out.
Off in the woods nearby, I found a bottle dump that's been rummage through. I found a shot glass, a couple ketchup bottles and a medicine bottle that was clearly in a fire.
Everything seems to line up with early 1900s activity, Hoping to pull out some silver on future hunts. Thanks for looking!View attachment 2251654View attachment 2251660View attachment 2251655View attachment 2251657View attachment 2251666View attachment 2251661
You have some decent finds and bring up some good points and Ideas Thank you
 
Does anyone have a idea of what the piece with the number 7 imprinted on it is? It seems to have three attachment points but there broken off. Here is a picture of the back side. It seems to be made of brass.
17772215422298129965633201403599.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom