playing around with 4kHz on my 800

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I noticed with some test items I placed on the ground ring up about 1-2 TID's higher in 4 kHz than in Multi. 3 ringer, wheatie, rosie dime, standing liberty and morgan dollar.

I wonder why? no big deal, just adjust your numbers in your head. Also you need to check the bottle caps in multi and/or with all metal horseshoe.

But the signals on these items in 4 hHz seem to be steadier and clearer than in multi mode.

Not sure about the science behind it unless the multi is picking up other stuff in the ground that the 4 kHz is not seeing.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Multi frequency aids in giving a more accurate target ID true to a target’s actual material nature. However, ID stability can suffer. I suspect that ML compressed target ID to a 50 point scale for that reason. Single frequency can be less accurate (hence the up averaging of target ID compared to MF for known targets) but more stable.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread