What's new

Pleasant Valley, Morganton vic., Burke County, N C

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
⛭ Moderator
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2003
Messages
96,827
Reaction score
76,266
Golden Thread
2
🥇 Banner finds
1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1938
000aaa.webp
 
This cabin in Liberty, Indiana is one built by an ancestor of mine. My 3rd great grandfather Henry Jackson Brandenburg married a Lydia Templeton in Liberty, Indiana in 1852.
It was Lydia's father or grand father? who is said to have built the cabin in around the early 19th century. The Templeton's were early settlers into Union country, Indiana. The cabin is in need of repairs and I have it in my mind to send a donation towards its upkeep.
In 2018 I stopped by to visit the grave of my 3rd great grandparents in Fairfield, Nebraska after a return trip from Iowa were I had to move my mother into assisted living. 😢 I rented a minivan to pack out all the stuff she had hoarded over the years. Lots of old family photo albums I saved. I dang near filled up a dumpster with all the canceled checks she'd boxed away for half a century.
 

Attachments

  • 7-23-Templeton-Cabin-Union-Co-header.webp
    7-23-Templeton-Cabin-Union-Co-header.webp
    389.5 KB · Views: 49
  • fairfield 2.webp
    fairfield 2.webp
    1.2 MB · Views: 56
  • fairfield 3.webp
    fairfield 3.webp
    2.7 MB · Views: 58
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom