What's new

Please dont laugh Bricks why do they send my MD Screaming?

SGVALLEYMAN

Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2010
Messages
305
Reaction score
15
Golden Thread
0
Location
San Gabriel/Los angeles Calif.
Detector(s) used
tracker iv
Please don't laugh Bricks why do they send my MD Screaming?

Hello People,

OK..I know that it's a silly question but I really don't understand why BRICKS make my detector go crazy...I have a few large 24x12 Bricks in my backyard and when I swung the MD close to it.. it went crazy.
Is it mineralization? or what could it be?
I know nothing of the construction of bricks, but it just struck me as odd..
If someone( and I'm sure there Will be) could explain it to me, I'd feel a tad less moronic

thanks in advance.
Scott
 
Re: Please don't laugh Bricks why do they send my MD Screaming?

Reinforced with re-bar perhaps?
 
Re: Please don't laugh Bricks why do they send my MD Screaming?

hmm, Maybe, but I don't see any sign of it. they are maybe 2 1/2 inches thick..
That could be, I was just dumbfounded when my wife asked why it was going off.. I said maybe there is metal of some sorts in the brick making process... Has me stumped..
thanks for the reply
 
Re: Please don't laugh Bricks why do they send my MD Screaming?

HA HA..
After re-reading I saw I made a MAJOR error in spelling...HA HA, Spellcheck did'nt catch it.. but omg I am glad I did, not too long after I posted it...
Sorry if anyone got offended. Honest Mistake and I hope it was'nt a freudian slip... HA
 
Re: Please don't laugh Bricks why do they send my MD Screaming?

Iron Oxide is in the sand used in making red bricks. If you were in all metal mode this could make your detector sound off. Try turning your discrimination up and it should quiet down.
 
Re: Please don't laugh Bricks why do they send my MD Screaming?

thank you.. I will try that... makes sense.. Thanks Again !! :icon_thumleft:
 
Re: Please don't laugh Bricks why do they send my MD Screaming?

I saw it...that was funny!
 
Re: Please don't laugh Bricks why do they send my MD Screaming?

Ha ha, Yeah that was a doosey...sorry again..( Still Laughing)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom