Please help me identify ring maker and value.

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
The encircled "TW" sounds like the mark of Tessler & Weiss (now Tessler & Weiss/Premesco, Inc.), ring manufacturers in Union, NJ. At one time their ads claimed that they were, "The world's largest factory dedicated exclusively to the manufacture of die-struck [ring] mountings." I'm not sure about the "C," although it might refer to their Camelot series of wedding rings.

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
mlw67 said:
I'm guessing that the C inside a circle probably just stands for 'copyright'.

Thanks for mentioning that possibility, mlw67. Certainly that's the most common meaning of the encircled C symbol; however, it does not generally appear on rings like the one ringding found.

Although there are rings which have copyright protected features, such as those of some universities and organizations, their copyrights involve unique symbols, images, names, or text. If I've read ringding's post correctly, his ring does not have such features-- just decorative cuts &/or engraving.

I should also add that rings with new and unique ornamentation may qualify for design patent protection; in those cases there would not be a copyright symbol but a patent number, probably preceded by the letter D.

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
fleamistress said:
Hey PBK---Interesting about the copyright symbol. I have an old serious diamond engagement ring--plat mount that has a stylized EV? inside as well as the C & circle.

(It's for sale BTW.)

Any more wisdom left in that sphere today?

:-*

None to start with, so none to spare.

One "EV" possibility is Evvco in the NYC area. Not being sure of how "stylized" the mark might be, I'll throw in this one from the Block Ring Co. of Buffalo, NY:

Attachments

• Block.JPG
    Block.JPG
    5.3 KB · Views: 466

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
mlw67 said:
Is it possible that these ring makers copyrighted their maker's marks? ??? Just a wild guess.

Could be. I would have thought it would be a registered trademark (encircled R or TM), but maybe not.

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts
maybe UK Hallmarks on Jewellery 1999 if you think it may be from overseas ,,, ??? ???

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread