What's new

Please Help to ID

audriusk

Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2010
Messages
21
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Lake Barrington, IL
Detector(s) used
ace 250, beachhunter 300
I'm new to the metal detecting and to this forum, maybe someone knows what it is. I just found it in my back yard. The size is about 1'' x 1.5'' Thank you.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5666.webp
    IMG_5666.webp
    46.7 KB · Views: 304
  • IMG_5667.webp
    IMG_5667.webp
    36.6 KB · Views: 284
Welcome to Tnet. I don't know what it is but I don't think it's civil war.
 
Upvote 0
Maybe a cow tag. Pinned them to one of their ears. Do you live near an old farm or ranch? Now days they are plastic of course.
 
Upvote 0
try using them as your 3 quick pick numbers......might really be your lucky day.... :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

db
 
Upvote 0
I think cow tag is a pretty good guess. I have two or three I've dug over the years.

I was thinking maybe a wire basket tag like from junior high gym class or the public swimming pool.

wire_basket.jpg


DCMatt
 
Upvote 0

Attachments

  • number tags.webp
    number tags.webp
    6.4 KB · Views: 196
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
chain goes around cows neck --you got the tag and 6 in of the old chain * --the numbers are to track milk productuon --when a "milk" cow stopped making enough milk she was slaughtered for beef -- thus the numbered tags were important ---via them they tracked how much milk she was "producing" when she got milked -- its a cow tag -- now be nice to the person who "rightfully" replied what it was and "thank the man" for his help -- since it both a SMART as well as CORRECT answer. :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom