CaliShawnNokc

Dec 30, 2012
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
XP Deus w/9in coil
Whites MXT PRO w/DD 6x10
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_6020.jpg IMG_6022.jpg IMG_6025.jpg IMG_6035.jpg IMG_6038.jpg IMG_6039.jpg I just started coin hunting about 2 weeks ago and today I found what seems to be an error, but I can't figure out what. Is this a D over S, D over P, Double die.....? It look as if the 1,7,8, and D are all doubled possibly? Any help with this would be great!!:icon_scratch:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
dawg, good eye catching that, I only date search nicks, and it would take me a good week to get through a box if I had the patience to look for these errors. hope its worth somethin

OP
OP
CaliShawnNokc

CaliShawnNokc

Dec 30, 2012
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
XP Deus w/9in coil
Whites MXT PRO w/DD 6x10
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Post in the coins forum if you haven't already

I haven't tried that, but thank you for the advice. I'm going to try and hit that up now.

dawg, good eye catching that, I only date search nicks, and it would take me a good week to get through a box if I had the patience to look for these errors. hope its worth somethin

I'm so new to this that I asked a friend how he spots good finds like proofs, and he said that he looks at the date and follows with the mint mark. I tried it and on my first box saw a small blemish under the D, that's when I noticed the numbers too. I must have looked at it about 5 times after I finished my box trying to figure it out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread