Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Hardyville, KY
Detector(s) used
garrett A.T. gold

Other detectors: fisher F2/ Garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys I got my sensativity knob from whites today. I tried to install it and now My M6 detector dont work right. I have everything plugged in right that I know of and if you turn the knobs up it makes a noise but its like the coil dont work. When I turn the sensitivity up at one certain spot as I turn it makes a loud on and in and out noise constantly wont shut up. If I move it a tad bit over from that spot it dont do anything... any ideas

did you push it on too hard, they should slide on relatively easy?

No I mean they are in there like they should be. I didnt really force them. Its weird. when I turn my sensativity up at a certain notch is when it starts making that in and out noise If I move it antywhere else on the area it wont make a sound or pick up anything...

What do you mean

I think what sniffer is getting at is..

Did you have this problem before installing the new knob?
If you remove the new knob does the machine start working properly?

If I am off base here Sniffer sorry ;D

Seems I remember this,are you the guy that the friend drop something on your machine down a dropoff?

Did you replace the whole sensitivity switch not just the knob?

no I tried putting the old knob back on and it does the exact thing

try turning it on and without turning it off remove the batteries, wait about 30 seconds, reinstall them and turn it on and see if that makes a difference

Nope still does the same thing.. when I turn my disc all the way down is when it makes the noise.. but either way it wont pick anything up..

you could always try buying a minelab. Sorrry, couldn't stop myself.

well I talked to whites and what I didnt realise was that I had the detector laid on a carpet when I was working on it. so he said something about static discharge that might have messed it up. any ideas on what I ca do for taht so i wont have to send it in? lol Im a big dummy

If static discharge got it send it in...nothing more you can do..
I think you have done enough :laughing7:

Electronics repair is not for everyone.. :thumbsup:

Good luck ;D

Soup

static electricity can release up to 100,000 volts, no amps to speak of, but enough to wipe out small electronics

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back