please help

trevmma

Bronze Member
May 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
whites 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i live between sunwatch Indian village and fort ancient.. I just walked about 2 miles along the river right by the Indian village and nothing at all. what am i doing wrong i have looked for days to find my first point and nothing yet.
my first day i decided to go looking as soon as i walked in the woods by sunwatch i found a old trade pipe laying almost right on top.
everyone around me finds stuff all the time.
anyone from Ohio please help. i am so into arrow head hunting. I just need some tips, thanks.

Upvote 0

badandy

Aug 31, 2005
Collinsville, IL.
You have to understand the patience is KEY! I look for years before I started to know what to look for. Do NOT give up and you will find one. I hit several creeks to find one point sometimes walking 7 to 8 hours. Only two miles.....why not 5 or 10. The second you give up, thats when the point you've been looking for someone else will find.
Sincerly,
badandy

deepsix47

Jul 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
Fisher Impulse, Fisher CZ-21, Minelab X-Terra 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
trevmma said:
i live between sunwatch Indian village and fort ancient.. I just walked about 2 miles along the river right by the Indian village and nothing at all. what am i doing wrong i have looked for days to find my first point and nothing yet.
my first day i decided to go looking as soon as i walked in the woods by sunwatch i found a old trade pipe laying almost right on top.
everyone around me finds stuff all the time.
anyone from Ohio please help. i am so into arrow head hunting. I just need some tips, thanks.

Try not looking for a point. Look for pieces (rarely is an entire point visible). Concentrate on looking for things that have been worked. The worked edges on stone stand out. Keep your eyes moving and pick up to examine anything that stands out, for any reason. Remember that if you're finding points, scrapers, blades and other tools will be around also. Stay at it, you'll find as much as anyone else.
Deepsix

P

pickaway

Ive been hunting since i was a teen and never found a pipe.congrats.
Keep hunting you'll find them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread