What's new

Plow Blade

danjsargent

Full Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2016
Messages
208
Reaction score
505
Golden Thread
0
Location
western MA
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hunting an old homestead and found this. Top was about 4" down and the rest under tree roots. Took forever to get it out but I am glad I didnt give up on it even though I had no idea what I was digging! Last pic is when i first pulled it out and realized what i had. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454461393.915914.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454461409.149509.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454461439.736976.webp
 
Upvote 2
Do you think its very old?
 
Do you think its very old?

Im not sure! Was hoping someone had some advice. I do know the homestead is from the 1800s so im hoping its from that time at least!
 
Neat find. A few years ago I took my MD out in my back yard, ( I live in a big city ), and found the same thing and it was still embedded in a tree root. I dug up the root with the plow still stuck in it. It now resides in my garage.
 
After doing some research i have made a cool discovery! So last week i found this little wheel nearby. Then today the plow. Here is an ad i found for a walking plow with a little wheel. Perhaps I found both parts! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454469004.042312.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454469015.907875.webp
 
Neat find. A few years ago I took my MD out in my back yard, ( I live in a big city ), and found the same thing and it was still embedded in a tree root. I dug up the root with the plow still stuck in it. It now resides in my garage.

That is awesome!!
 
Finding that wheel nearby makes it sound possible there is even more of it to be found. Good hunting !
 
Nice find, I found one like it near a grist mill, I believe it's for turning corn.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom