What's new

Plucked a Two Center From It's Resting Place Today.

Evolution

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2007
Messages
5,285
Reaction score
2,483
Golden Thread
0
Location
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hunted a foundation with my buddy Tony today. This place has been hunted to death over the years. Virtually no repeatable signals to be found. After hunting for about 2 hours with nothing in my pouch to show for it, I decided to change my strategy and do some swinging on the old road that leads up to the foundation. Finally got a repeatable signal that was pinging at 12-36 on my e-trac at about 4 inches deep. I fully expected this to be a shotgun slug or a rifle casing and was pleasantly surprised when I pulled an 1864 two center from its resting place. The digging was hard in the packed down dirt of the road bed. This is my third two center this year and 8th overall.

20160928_172202_resized.webp 20160928_171928_resized.webp 20160928_171950_resized.webp

20160928_172023_resized.webp 20160928_172052_resized.webp
 
Upvote 32
It looked very comfortable there,.....you should put it back.

Nah....that's a keeper! Congrats on a great find!
 
Congratualtions on the nice coin find! :occasion14:
 
I still haven't found one
 
Nice find, good work
 
Nice job Evo!
 
Congrats on that sweet 2 cent coin Evol. :occasion14:. Seems like 1864 is pretty common at least most I've seen on here. I'd still be smiling if I pulled that today.
 
Still looking for one. Great find!!!
 
Good job Evo. Not an easy find
 
Well done... And Happy Birthday.
 
Congrats on a great coin. I just pulled an 1865 out of the depths of the dirt last week.
 
Congrats on another 2 center!! Still looking for my first one as well.
 
Very nice. That's the same year of the one I found a few years back. I love the patina on those old coins
 
Great job, Evo! I'm sure that two center would much rather be with you. Congrats. ~Lisa & John
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom