Point Found At Construction Site. Can Anyone ID.( Bead Pic Added)

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Hey everyone,

Was out last evening detecting a old house site that has been demoed. I seen the land was cleared on my way to a graduation actually. I found some nice old coins on the site earlier this yr there. I had to hunt it one more time with it ripped all out. I'd say somewhere in the neighborhood of 75 acres was scrapped and cleared.

I wasn't finding much metal wise. I got there to late it was scrapped down way to far to find anything. But I did find this little point sticking up out of the ground barely. I pulled it out an knew it was a point right away.

I get more excited when I find one of these than I do old coins and relics. I love indian artifacts. There was alot of indians around here to. This point is black/grey and small no bigger than a 2X2 inch.It was found in and around pittsburgh pa. Can anyone date or identify it for me please.

Here are the beads. They look older for sure. One is actually chipped. They look aged and look like they would have been worn around the neck. Not sure how old they are but they have to be atleast 100 yrs old. Wasn't finding anything newer than that at the site.

Thanks ,

Jeremy

Attachments

• nice point 001.jpg
    nice point 001.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 320
  • nice point 002.jpg
    nice point 002.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 284
  • old beads 002.jpg
    old beads 002.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 184
Upvote 0

Ohio_Doug

Dec 5, 2007
Southeast Ohio
Re: Point Found At Construction Site. Can Anyone ID

I would say you have a late Archaic "bird" point there, probably been laying there for 3 to 4 thousand years. Sweet find, now go back to that site and look for some more.

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800

I will and thanks alot for the I.D.

The area was really dry and it was very hard to see. My eye's are really good though I'm 27 lol they should be though. I looked for more but didn't see any or any flit chips around. I'll go back and check after a good rain.

I also not pictured found some beads there to. I don't think they are indian beads but not sure. They are really heavy and aren't glass. They look like a semi prcious stone called hemotite.

Thanks again,

Jeremy

creekhunter

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2007
Cincinnati, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hematite beads would be cool to see, pics please! :o