What's new

Poker chips

jimzz977

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 23, 2012
Messages
1,792
Reaction score
4,708
Golden Thread
0
Location
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found these at street tearout in old downtown, I believe to be fatten minie balls , I heard that soldier's fatten minie ball and use them as poker chips, true??? 20180722_192547.webp20180722_192556.webp20180722_192613.webp
 
Upvote 0
IMHO

You may be right that they are 'flattened' Minnie Balls but they could be made from another bullet type ???

44-70 , 45-70

The 'cool' long one really reminds me of a "Cowboy" caliber.

I could be wrong , If I recall right , I think ??? you have dug other Civil War era Relics at one or 2 of your sites ?

Nice finds none the less.
 
They also flattened bullets to melt them into different caliber sizes. Nice finds! :skullflag:
 
I always thought poker chips or checkers but it makes a lot of sense to flatten it out to cut off a section to pour another sized round. I have seen them made into sinkers as well.
 
Ya , Dug some eagle I buttons in same area
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom