What's new

🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Valuable poker chip?

cudamark

San Diego Ring Finder
🥇 Charter Member
Top Banner Poster
Joined
Mar 16, 2011
Messages
15,096
Reaction score
20,178
Golden Thread
1
Location
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 2 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As my title asks, is this some sort of poker chip? I haven't tested the gold colored center yet to see what metal it's made of. Most poker chips I've seen have the casino name on them, but, this sure looks like one. If so, most black chips are valued at $100! It has a seam in the middle, but doesn't separate with finger force. There's just one small spot that may be a mold mark on the edge.....the rest is smooth and seems similar to carbon fiber. It's pretty heavy though, so, probably has metal inside. I just realized that it's probably not a poker chip, as it wouldn't stack with others like it due to that gold button in the middle sticks out far enough on both sides that it would hit adjacent chips. A puzzler for me....

blackchip.webp
blackchip2.webp
 
Interesting. I believe it’s a ‘pocket coin’, ‘fidget coin’ or ‘worry coin’. Loads of different designs exist, but they’re generally characterised by being tactile and sometimes with a variety of contrasting textures to assist in calmness and stress relief by distraction when handled. Similar to the way ‘worry beads’ and rosaries are used. This kind of thing, I think:

Pocket Coin.webp

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/1272469640/vintage-g3-golden-brown-glass-fiber
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yep I agree ! I also have the companion to that ! It's worry beads from Greece ! they fidget /twirl them and such ! What's to worry about anyway !
 
Upvote 0
47 pounds? are you serious!?
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom