What's new

Pony Shoe or Boot Heel Plate?

Curious The George

Hero Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2008
Messages
655
Reaction score
133
Golden Thread
1
Location
East Coast
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Metrotech
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this last weekend in the woods nearby my house. There was activity in this area since the 1750's.

It is 2 7/8" across the horns and 3 1/8" long. I thought it might be a pony shoe but then a friend suggested it could be a heel plate from someone's boot.

Any thoughts by you experts?

I am thinking about setting up an electrolysis bath and seeing what happens with that.
 

Attachments

  • CIMG1155.webp
    CIMG1155.webp
    52.7 KB · Views: 356
  • CIMG1156.webp
    CIMG1156.webp
    57.8 KB · Views: 383
  • CIMG1157.webp
    CIMG1157.webp
    45.8 KB · Views: 355
Upvote 0
Mac In Oak Ridge said:
I found this last weekend in the woods nearby my house. There was activity in this area since the 1750's.

It is 2 7/8" across the horns and 3 1/8" long. I thought it might be a pony shoe but then a friend suggested it could be a heel plate from someone's boot.

Any thoughts by you experts?

I am thinking about setting up an electrolysis bath and seeing what happens with that.


Hard to tell without something there to give us a scale. Take another photo with a quarter in it and that will definitely help mate :icon_thumleft:
 
Sentinel,

You are correct Sir! I knew it after I made the post and looked. Here is two quarters inside and outside of it.
 

Attachments

  • CIMG1163.webp
    CIMG1163.webp
    71.3 KB · Views: 333
O.K., now with those coins in place, I'm guessing a quarter horse. :tongue3: :laughing9:
Sorry Mac, I couldn't help myself.
That would be kind of small for even a pony wouldn't it? ???
-MM-
 
ModernMiner said:
O.K., now with those coins in place, I'm guessing a quarter horse. :tongue3: :laughing9:
Sorry Mac, I couldn't help myself.
That would be kind of small for even a pony wouldn't it? ???
-MM-

Groan! ;D
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom