Popping the cork on a dredge

specksandflecks

Nov 13, 2009
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice dredge there, I think you will be more than happy with it.

You might have already changed it but I think that bottom flange on the flare should tuck into/under a a separate plate. I know my 3 stage does and although yours is single stage I would think it similar there.

Is it possible to reverse the bolts so the threads are outside the box?

You probably want to get some good Clampco style hose clamps for at least both ends of that pressure hose if you don't already have them. The cost a couple bucks more but are worth it imo. I eventually replaced all my worm drive clamps with Clampco's.

t-bolt-hoseclamps-14457-2507155.jpg

That stock nozzle will work fine of course but you might consider a swivel nozzle. Keene, Proline, etc. I have the 4" Proline swivel nozzle on my Keene. I like the Keene radius though my Proline never given me any problems and its a bit heavier which is nice because it has the weight to pull that 4" hose under. Again not a big deal but after a few hours in cold water anything that helps lessen fatigue is a good thing imo.

Also storing that footvalve upright will help the flap function like its supposed to.

You might consider a LeTrap sluice for cleanups if you don't already have a sluice. Cheap, light, and should drop right into that dredge box, minus the riffles ;).
Anyway you'll find lots of little things as you make it your own.

Looking forward to some golden updates.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread