SilverSalmon
Jr. Member
- #1
Thread Owner
Portland & Gold Panning
Does anybody know why there's no gold around the Portland area
? I was having a debate with my buddy that the southern Oregon and Eastern Oregon Geology must be older and more eroded then the Portland area....but I'm no geologist. He thinks we should check all the rivers around here in Portland, but we find good color and gold down in southern Oregon. I also argued that when the pioneers were coming through here they MUST have already checked all the rivers and creeks around Portland. Any input??
Does anybody know why there's no gold around the Portland area
? I was having a debate with my buddy that the southern Oregon and Eastern Oregon Geology must be older and more eroded then the Portland area....but I'm no geologist. He thinks we should check all the rivers around here in Portland, but we find good color and gold down in southern Oregon. I also argued that when the pioneers were coming through here they MUST have already checked all the rivers and creeks around Portland. Any input??
(Unless you'd like me to join you I gotta strong back and a hard shovel). just some more knowledge of why there seems to be more gold down south than up north in Oregon. Is it the age of the rocks? Or just some random chance that more gold seemed to spew up down south than up north
..






