Patriot Relics Silver Member Joined Feb 6, 2014 Messages 3,712 Reaction score 5,634 Golden Thread 5 Location Lowcountry, South Carolina / Richmond, Virginia 🥇 Banner finds 5 Detector(s) used CTX-3030, Deus XP II Primary Interest: Relic Hunting Apr 5, 2015 Thread Owner #1 Hey guys, Found this fossil while metal detecting along a river here in Charleston, SC. While I have found quite a few megaladon teeth, this one is definitely unique. It is about 2 inches in length and arches towards the point. Any ideas??
Hey guys, Found this fossil while metal detecting along a river here in Charleston, SC. While I have found quite a few megaladon teeth, this one is definitely unique. It is about 2 inches in length and arches towards the point. Any ideas??
Ninjafossils Hero Member Joined Dec 18, 2012 Messages 679 Reaction score 345 Golden Thread 0 Location Tennessee Detector(s) used Garrett Ace 250 Tesoro Compadre Garrett AT Pro Primary Interest: Other Apr 5, 2015 #2 Almost certainly not a claw. But probably a tooth. Kinda looks like a broken and worn to hell meg.
Harry Pristis Bronze Member Joined Feb 5, 2009 Messages 2,366 Reaction score 1,315 Golden Thread 0 Location Northcentral Florida Apr 5, 2015 #3 Worn megalodon tooth is what comes to my mind also.
Patriot Relics Silver Member Joined Feb 6, 2014 Messages 3,712 Reaction score 5,634 Golden Thread 5 Location Lowcountry, South Carolina / Richmond, Virginia 🥇 Banner finds 5 Detector(s) used CTX-3030, Deus XP II Primary Interest: Relic Hunting Apr 5, 2015 Thread Owner #4 I had considered that as well- the arch is what is throwing me off. None of the other mega teeth I have found curve towards the tip.
I had considered that as well- the arch is what is throwing me off. None of the other mega teeth I have found curve towards the tip.