K kimberly541 Tenderfoot Joined Apr 26, 2014 Messages 1 Reaction score 0 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Apr 26, 2014 Thread Owner #1 Found in Central Oregon, Crook County. Wondering if it is maybe a fossilized nut or seed pod? Found it near these limb casts.
Found in Central Oregon, Crook County. Wondering if it is maybe a fossilized nut or seed pod? Found it near these limb casts.
Jason in Enid Gold Member Joined Oct 10, 2009 Messages 9,692 Reaction score 9,213 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Apr 26, 2014 #2 I think you may have a winner there. I can't tell exactly what it is, but certainly has the look of something fossilized and not just an odd shaped rock.
I think you may have a winner there. I can't tell exactly what it is, but certainly has the look of something fossilized and not just an odd shaped rock.
Perico Sr. Member Joined May 29, 2012 Messages 333 Reaction score 95 Golden Thread 0 Apr 26, 2014 #3 Looks like some sort of sandstone. Look at all the grains. Definitely weird shape. For a second there I thought maybe pottery.
Looks like some sort of sandstone. Look at all the grains. Definitely weird shape. For a second there I thought maybe pottery.
GatorBoy Gold Member Joined May 28, 2012 Messages 14,812 Reaction score 6,156 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Apr 26, 2014 #4 I'm thinking concretion
Harry Pristis Bronze Member Joined Feb 5, 2009 Messages 2,366 Reaction score 1,315 Golden Thread 0 Location Northcentral Florida Apr 26, 2014 #5 Consider the possibility that it is a volcanic bomb. Volcanic bomb - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Consider the possibility that it is a volcanic bomb. Volcanic bomb - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia