What's new

Possible military swagger stick top! Wow

Johnnybegood

Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2015
Messages
43
Reaction score
177
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went digging today. Found some very old bunkers on a hillside dug around them after finding some sound signals a couple wheat pennies an old chain and then I found what seemed to be just a big iron pull knob. After getting at home and rinsing it off so handsome olive oil Duluth and some of the dirt and rubbing it off I started to see the imprint of an eagle and a shield. I instantly recognized that as it is very similar to the Great Seal buns it is extremely heavy most likely made of copper or bronze. Anyone knows anything more than what I have said please write to me and let me know 1219151825a.webp1219151825a.webp1219151825.webp1219151825b.webp1219151825c.webp1219151824.webp
 
Upvote 6
No clue on what it is, but I'm interested to see what it turns out to be.
 
That is a very interesting piece indeed - think you have a sword pommel, not a cane topper. Looking for a possible match now.

Yep - think this is it: regulation Civil War M1860 Staff & Field Officer sword
 

Attachments

  • sword pommel.webp
    sword pommel.webp
    76.6 KB · Views: 87
  • pommel shield.webp
    pommel shield.webp
    16 KB · Views: 155
  • pommel 3.webp
    pommel 3.webp
    12.5 KB · Views: 148
  • pommel2.webp
    pommel2.webp
    13.8 KB · Views: 134
  • pommel4.webp
    pommel4.webp
    16.8 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
yep, what deepsecrets said. that's an awesome relic!
 
Nice, I've never seen one of those dug. Great find
 
Whoa...here is a few pics of it cleaned up1219151958.webp1219151958b.webp1219151958a.webp1219151958c.webp1219151958d.webp1219151958b.webp
 
That is a very cool old find!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom