Possible Native American Ring?

w0otiez

May 21, 2013
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this ring in the woods right next to what looked like a very old and large tree.The tree was set off the path in the woods and up on a slope. I also found what seemed to be some type of rusty ax head or other farming tool directly beside it. Although I don't have a picture of the ax head, I don't know where it even is come to think of it... Native Americans once lived in the area. The ring looks pretty old to me when you look closer you can tell the shape of the circle/oval on the front side is kind of irregular. The welding on the inside is very noticeable. And I would think it would have to be bronze, because wouldn't copper erode in a much worse way than this did? It still has a bit of shine to it. Also the symbol on the front seems like a depiction of wheat. This area in particular was a well known storage area for their corn and wheat. It was burnt down along with their village in the late 1600's by the French. I don't know if anyone here has any knowledge of native american relics, particularly the Ganondagan Indians.

20140728_025148.jpg 20140728_025158.jpg 20140728_025311.jpg

Upvote 9

Clay Slayer

Jan 4, 2011
Cajun Country
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800,
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Post this in the "North American Indian Artifacts" forum...they should be able to give you a quick answer.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
very nice simply made ring, just plain cool!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread