Possible Pond Impact Found On Google Earth??

Derk

Sep 30, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found something curious while scouting out potential arrowhead hunts near where I live on GoogleEarth. The satellite imagery in these photos was taken during the winter season a number of years back, and it can be seen that the pond is frozen over. I have isolated a series of 3, ever larger anomalies on the surface of the ice that bear a striking resemblance to what I would assume impact craters on ice might look like.

The largest of the three is the one that first caught my attention as it looks like whatever punched a hole through the ice went straight down an impacted the pond's bottom, stirring up a ring of silty sediment around the spot. Seemingly it would have had to happen just right before the instant that the satallite was imaging a pass through the same spot.

The other 2 circular anomalies are smaller, but all 3 are close enough in proximity to each other that it makes me think of a strewn field of small impacters, 2 of which were too small to break through the ice, but as they progressively increase in size, the 3rd was large enough to punch a hole through and continue all the way to the bottom.

But obviously, as I am ever the perpetual layman, I know nothings..

Please share your thoughts, everyone. Is it warrant further investigation in person?

What does this look like to you?

Zoomed out enough so all 3 anomalies are visible:
1 2 and 3 above orientation.png

zoomed in on just the #3. or largest:
zoomed just 3.png

from left to right, showing only 2 & 3:
top down on 2 3.png

zoomed in on just #2:
zoomed just 2.png

zoomed in on just the #1(From directly adjacent pond):
zoomed just 1.png

enhancement of the #1: