What's new

possible scraper or drill point?

poolboy

Full Member
Joined
Mar 27, 2005
Messages
158
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
hello everybody!I build swimming pools for A living.Everytime I go on A new job I always have to check the dirt piles.was on A job last year looked down and found this.what the heck is it?
 

Attachments

  • Apr30146.webp
    Apr30146.webp
    7.7 KB · Views: 531
Upvote 0
hey poolboy, nice find!!
looks to me like an awl or small "angle knife"(my own wording) what state?
how big is it? looks a little over an inch, not sure. looks like a thumb notch in the mid upper left hand side...? if it is then its prob an awl.. i need to post my last couple days finds... some pretty decent scrapers spear head/hand axe etc..
hope this helps some.... searcher
 
thanks searcher for a reply. I almost gave up hope.I found this flint in Sydney Ohio on A pool we were digging.it is probably 2 and half by three inches it has a smooth spot on the back side and is razor sharp fits between your thumb and index finger perfect!
 
Nice find sir! I went to the mineral show with my rocks.I have No meteorite as of yet..but I do have one with some kind of fossil in it and thats the one with the head looking thing.Four of my other rocks are deffinet indian type working toolincluding a Knife and a scraper, So my detecting the huge feild I have found some pretty good finds.Now I have permission to work a 3-400 acer feild and today I just got permission to do another smaller corner filed..My summer/fall will be very busy!Everybody is staring to call me metetorite lady and I think that is pretty cool!
 
Great find! it probably cleaned many buffalo hides in its time. Did you see this one I found?
 

Attachments

  • 1 043.webp
    1 043.webp
    65.1 KB · Views: 494
  • 1 043.webp
    1 043.webp
    65.1 KB · Views: 452
that is awesome Dano!the feeling you get holding something that old in your hand for the fist time you can't explain!!nice find!
 
Ghostsurf,you'll find what your lookin for sometime,than again the right artifact could command a handsome price also.keep your eyes to the ground and H.H!thanks for the reply!
 
Hey Poolboy; That is a large flake that was knocked off a core stone. Most likely used as a knife. Many times when in need of a knife they would just knock off a flake. I can't tell by looking but it should have some flaking on one side and be smooth on the other. HH
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom