What's new

Possible Stone Roller Pestle

post50

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jul 3, 2015
Messages
7
Reaction score
11
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello this is my first post to the boards. I found what I believe to be a rolling pestle but figured this board could better identify it. I wish I could say I found this along the St. Johns River in Jacksonville FL but I can't. It was actually found at a local thrift store...

It is made of rough porous rock/stone and is about 15" long. One end is very well rounded. The circumference is not completely round. There are two horizontal areas that are rather flat so the item doesn't roll when placed on a small incline. The stone weighs about 8 pounds. If more photos are needed, please let me know I will upload them

Any thoughts?
IMG_6443.webp
 
Upvote 10
I would post this in the 'Whatsit Forum'. :thumbsup:

Welcome to Treasure Net!

Dave
 
Thanks guys! Will Do.
 
I hope it turns out to be something.

I found a nice hand ax two years ago. Sometimes when I've shown it to people they ask why I brought a "rock" home.

Some folks just don't get it.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom