What's new

Possible Texas Rangers Rosette?

ALAMOTX

Full Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2008
Messages
114
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
I found this item in a town from 1852.

I belong to the San Antonio Metal Detectors Club and i brought this to the annual Texas Treasure Show in Longview this past March and someone there had one just like mine but smaller and the star was different. He told me the star on mine was more from the Republic of Texas time period and could of been from the Texas Rangers.

Any input is greatly appreciated.
 

Attachments

  • 001.webp
    001.webp
    28.1 KB · Views: 306
  • 002.webp
    002.webp
    38.8 KB · Views: 293
  • 003.webp
    003.webp
    33.4 KB · Views: 288
Looks to be pewter and early. I'm not sure if it is Texas related but it is a cool piece.
 
Upvote 0
looks like it fits on a book corner * to keep them neat --some books were made with metal corner covers made into them -- normally costly or special books -- that is a early style texas star type of design -- weither its related ? who knows
 
Upvote 0
First let me say, that is a very nice find. Couch has one shown in his book and he call it a rosette, possible belonging to the Texas Rangers. I have also heard it speculated that it might go on a saddle blanket. Either way, if you don't want it, I sure do. :icon_thumleft:
 
Upvote 0
Or the third. :wink:

Now that I have half a cup of coffee in me I see it is different.

Daryl
 
Upvote 0
Not sure of the size,but it might have been on the end of a belt and some western shirts had metal rosettes on the collar ends.Nice find!
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom