Possible trade silver nose ring - SW PA

MarkDz

Oct 1, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver UMax
I think this may be a trade silver nose ring. It came from a large lot of relics, including a King George Indian peace medal, from a French & Indian War site in SW PA. It is very small (roughly 1.5 cm) and has a moving bangle on it that looks like it may have once contained a stone. There might even be a maker marking on it... looks like a "Y" or "T".

The only puzzler to me is that the ring seems to be soldered shut. I'm not sure how it could have been placed into a piercing. Any ideas?

Attachments

• 20170712_080831.jpg
    20170712_080831.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 207
  • 20170712_080901.jpg
    20170712_080901.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 158
Upvote 0

ColonialDude

Jul 5, 2004
Canada
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's not a nose ring It's the mount/clasp from a medal.

I think this may be a trade silver nose ring. It came from a large lot of relics, including a King George Indian peace medal, from a French & Indian War site in SW PA. It is very small (roughly 1.5 cm) and has a moving bangle on it that looks like it may have once contained a stone. There might even be a maker marking on it... looks like a "Y" or "T".

The only puzzler to me is that the ring seems to be soldered shut. I'm not sure how it could have been placed into a piercing. Any ideas?

OP
OP
MarkDz

MarkDz

Oct 1, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver UMax
Thanks for the reply and idea. That does make a lot of sense!
I'd suspect it belonged to the peace medal, but the medal is brass/bronze and the clasp is silver.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread