What's new

✅ SOLVED Possibly another style of harness connector…

Blackfoot58

Gold Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2023
Messages
6,193
Reaction score
15,834
Golden Thread
0
Location
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Steamy hot day. I still had to get my MD fix for the day. Lots of nails, wire and rusty tin. A couple of broken hinges and the item in photo. I’m purely guessing that it had wood or harness leather sandwiched between it at one time. Thanks
 

Attachments

  • 8EAC4A1B-0BEC-4E89-99E0-2C11B4288E1F.webp
    8EAC4A1B-0BEC-4E89-99E0-2C11B4288E1F.webp
    816.8 KB · Views: 104
  • F24BEAB2-0E6B-4B6A-BB8F-F8622EE67B56.webp
    F24BEAB2-0E6B-4B6A-BB8F-F8622EE67B56.webp
    626.4 KB · Views: 87
Agree with you. Likely wood end sandwiched between the metal wings and bolted in place, leaving the ring free to hitch. Could be the end of a hame (I think the name is) that goes alongside the horse and is fastened at its front and rear. It's handmade, probably in a farmer-blacksmith's shop. Neat artifact.
 
Upvote 1

Attachments

  • 121E7D4C-81C4-411C-A603-4EDAB4AA16EE.webp
    121E7D4C-81C4-411C-A603-4EDAB4AA16EE.webp
    12.3 KB · Views: 46
Upvote 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom