What's new

Possibly Indian Artifact?

mccormick89

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jul 19, 2012
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have only been treasure hunting for a short while and I am trying to learn as much as I can, I recently moved to Texas and found these two pieces near Canyon Lake, TX on my property. I found them near the same place but on separate occasions, and I am unsure of what they are made of... except that they are the same material, take a look at the pictures and see if anyone has seen something like it, thanks so much. photo 1 copy.webpphoto 1.webpphoto 2 copy.webpphoto 2.webpphoto 3.webpphoto 4.webpphoto 5.webp
 
Upvote 0
They look like natural pieces of weathered Limestone to me and not artifacts.
 
I agree... stick with it you're in a good area. let us know how you do
 
Thanks a lot, I appreciate your help
 
weathered rocks........... keep looking
 
Just chips of the caprock. Good eye and keep looking. texasbeyondhistory is a great website; read everything on it you can. I think it was written up by a couple of professors from OU. (Seriously aside from that joke, the website is great.)
 
ha ha... I think your right. good stuff though. Im in florida and coastal texas is almost a mirror image of my area when it comes to prehistory. esspecial archaic. I used that sight alot after noticing similarities then studied gulf coastal texas alot when I saw it was a definate.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom