What's new

✅ SOLVED Postcard in Chinese(?)

Joined
Oct 1, 2018
Messages
442
Reaction score
690
Golden Thread
0
Location
Western PA, Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, all. I found this postcard in my basement with a bunch of other papers. I'm omitting the addresses, but they were both in the United States and the sender and receiver had English names. I wasn't able to translate this postcard with any apps or google translate, so hopefully somebody here can read it. I could be holding it upside down for all I know, except it says "Official" on the bottom.
20200703_131631.webp
 
That's not any Chinese I know of (although there are what look like characters such as 日,玉,口) I also see what could be the word "sister," in the upper right and "is" in the middle. Maybe the top says "Dear sister,"? the bottom looks like it says "to the bone"

“My dear sister, life is hard to the bone” (that is my guess)
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
As Yang Hao points out, not a real language. Something similar to this...

c298dd9bcad3e7a889bad2cd3a8e8ee5b6a57e2f8086a65e1a41ce245823bf17_1.webp
 
Upvote 0
Yang Hao is right. Those are not authentic characters of any kind. It's a jokey postcard with a message in English cunningly written to look like stylised Japanese or Chinese calligraphy. I see the same words as his guess... "My Dear Sister, Life is Hard to the Bone(s)"

[Addition]: looking again, it might be a rather more positive "...Happy to the Bone(s)"
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I see something slightly different:

"My Dear Sister, ?????[five letters] is Russia [or "Russian"] to the Bone."
 
Upvote 0
Oh, yeah. I do see it now. It turns out I was holding it upside down, but I posted it right side up.

i see it now too, now that i looked at it longer than 60 seconds LOL
i cant make out the middle row of words
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom