Potential home sites

Ilovetodig

Feb 14, 2005
Now in Guam
Detector(s) used
ACE 250/ Fisher D2
Morning all,

I have been granted sole digging rights to several old home sites by a friend of my mother-in-law. I went out with him Saturday to the first one. He isn't sure how old this one is but by the looks of the house itsself I would say at least the 1950's. This is interesting because he told me that the last occupant was a little ecentric. He would take his paychecks and cash them in for gold which he in turn buried around the area at night. He told me that some of it has been found by total accident about a year ago. Now I don't know just how true this is but he told that if I find any of it we would split it fifty-fifty. Sounded like a fair deal to me! He told me anything else that I find I was more than welcome to keep it. I only had about an hour there due to working the grave shift. I have only found modern clad so far but enough of it to tell me no one else has been out there with a detector. I have no delusions of finding a cache of gold buried in the ground but I am hoping to finally find some older coins. I'm off Monday and plan to be out there early if the weather holds up. wish me luck, I am stoked right now!

By the way He pointed out where the other to homesteads were and told me that he did know that these were older than the one we were at at the time. Maybe I'll swing by those if I come up empty at the first one. I'll let you know how it goes. I got a digital camera for Christmas I plan on taking it with me this trip as well.

Upvote 0

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds interesting, good luck!

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Sounds great, just the thought of finding a cache of gold coins would get my heart rate up...
Good luck with it, & Happy hunting~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions