pre Clovis article

If you look closely, it says Hook-em-Horns on that oldest point and a carved Longhorn on the others...

If anyone has the travel means/time, I'd highly recommend paying the $10 and getting a proper tour of the Gault site... It is well worth the few hours.

The Gault Site/Buttermilk Creek complex is truly a 'ground zero' and should continue to be supported by any & all means necessary.

~Tejaas~

If I'm not mistaken there use to be a pay to dig site up stream a little from this spot? Thanks unclemac it's a very good read.

Good stuff. Why you never know when you find those uniface tools. I have a graver like that but as with most finds it was out of context. How cool are those pre clovis bases! Thanks for sharing!

If I'm not mistaken there use to be a pay to dig site up stream a little from this spot? Thanks unclemac it's a very good read.

I don't partake in pay digs, but i keep tabs on them.

I don't know exactly what kind of time frame/how far back you are referring to - but yea - Oakalla, Chrisners, etc. are the 'big' ones in the general area, and several more hush-hush-word-of-mouth pay spots are all scattered in between the Lampasas and the Leon, among other places.

~Tejaas~

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back