What's new

Pre-prohibition beer bottle

gheenoe78

Hero Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2014
Messages
532
Reaction score
736
Golden Thread
0
Location
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this guy on the surface at the tail end of an otherwise unsuccessful hunt. Funny when the best finds are eyeballed. Thought it was a modern malt liquor bottle at first cause of the condition. Was also unaware that Shlitz even made regular beer. It dates from 1890-1910 and the manufacture location is embossed, Charleston, SC where I found it which is pretty cool. I took a photo of it with another late 1800s Charleston bottle found last year. Enjoy!

IMG_20150521_165134971.webp
IMG_20150521_165139817.webp
IMG_20150521_165253874.webp
 
Upvote 50
Top and Base. Base says 125.

IMG_20150531_173210855.webp
IMG_20150531_173155602.webp
IMG_20150531_173231218.webp
 
It's tough to put a date on it, it's definitely a 20th century ABM, it's either pre prohibition or post...I don't collect 20th century bottles, maybe a member who does could chime in..in any case still a pretty cool find..
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom