What's new

Pre-prohibition beer bottle

gheenoe78

Hero Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2014
Messages
532
Reaction score
736
Golden Thread
0
Location
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this guy on the surface at the tail end of an otherwise unsuccessful hunt. Funny when the best finds are eyeballed. Thought it was a modern malt liquor bottle at first cause of the condition. Was also unaware that Shlitz even made regular beer. It dates from 1890-1910 and the manufacture location is embossed, Charleston, SC where I found it which is pretty cool. I took a photo of it with another late 1800s Charleston bottle found last year. Enjoy!

IMG_20150521_165134971.webp
IMG_20150521_165139817.webp
IMG_20150521_165253874.webp
 
Upvote 50
that's a really cool bottle
 
Very nice piece of glass
 
Nice! I only have one pre prohibition Schlitz. It is a little different than the one you found though. Clear with blob top and different logo.
 
Nice old bottle!
 
Nice Bottle For Sure !

Please 'Splain you were unaware that Schlitz even made regular beer ?
I am unaware of Schlitz making "irregular Beer" ? :tongue3:
 
That's a really nice bottle! Love it:occasion14:
 
Awesome bottles... Funny wasn't too interested in bottles but the more I look at them the more they intrique me...
 
Nice eyeball finds. the bottles are cool.
 
Very attractive Bottle's Imo.
Davers
 
Beauties! Collector's item for sure, at least for me. Is it a rare one? I know only a bit on U.S. antique beer bottles. Thank you for showing.
 
I didn't expect that when I clicked on this thread. Nice bottle for sure.:thumbsup:
 
I didn't expect that when I clicked on this thread. Nice bottle for sure.:thumbsup:

Yea it's a Bit of a Shame the pic is like that

images.webpinstead of this indexa.webp

Would have made a Nice banner
 
Great looking beer!
 
Sure thing. I'll put some more pics up later today.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom