What's new

Pre work unexpected half boxes!!!

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2008
Messages
7,452
Reaction score
93
Golden Thread
0
Location
Chicago IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was driving around before work and stopped at a Chase branch that I have never been to before. I asked if they had any half's, and the teller said yes lots and how much do I want. I said all of them all (thinking they just had a few loose ones), well they have 2 whole unopened brinks boxes of half's. That was cool, I thought I was gonna have to dimes until my boxes come in on Thursday. Well I only had enough money on me to get 1 box before work so I'll have to go back after to get the other. Out of the 1st box I wound up getting 3 - 1968d's for my pile. Not great, but its a whole lot better than a skunk. I hope the other box has a few in it too!!!! :icon_pirat:

I also spied the tellers coins and I thought I saw a silver quarter edge at the very bottom of the stack (thinking she knew it was silver so she kept it at the bottom so she wouldn't accidentally give it away) Well I asked for that specific one and she handed it right over, it turned out to be state quarter that was just shining under the lights... >:( Oh well that was my first attempt at getting a teller's till - LOL.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2071.webp
    IMG_2071.webp
    49.9 KB · Views: 183
Upvote 0
It's nice to see that your unexpected box produced silver. On my friday road trip the 4th bank I stopped at had an unexpected unopened box. I was wary to buy an unopened box that early in my quest, so I went about the day and came back at the end. It was Skunksville!!!! My new skunk box streak of 1 is initiated.

Also good try on the quarter...I know I saw one on my trip and asked and got it, it was a 64. What do you think the tellers think when we sit there and stare at their tray?!?!?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom