What's new

Presidential Conmemorative Double Eagles

salaloid

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2009
Messages
84
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Does these have any silver content? Any value? I have tried to find info. about them in the web, but no luck.
 

Attachments

  • P3170209.webp
    P3170209.webp
    13.4 KB · Views: 303
Upvote 0
Were those issued by some private mint? I have never seen them. The term double eagle generally refers to 20 dollar US gold coins minted from the mid 1800s to 1933 (10 dollar gold pieces were known as just eagles).

Most modern bullion coins have been stamped to identify their silver content. If they don't say they are silver, you can clink them together and see if they make the sound of silver coins. If you bought them from a coin shop did they tell you they were silver?


Jim
 
Can you post the reverse image of these coins?. And put a half dollar in the photo with them to compare the size....

Mojo
 
I found the Reagan one on eBay, but it doesn't really go into details. Just do a search for Reagan commemorative coin.
 
I have found some in ebay too, but no information on metal composition.
 
There was two different version to this coin. There were made by Danberry Mint(private mint just like Franklin mint) I have the ones that have 24K gold overlay. The other version is clad. Here is a few of the pics. I bought mine for a $1 a piece, but I think they range for a few dollars.

Jason
 

Attachments

  • PresComm1.webp
    PresComm1.webp
    41.3 KB · Views: 214
  • PresComm2.webp
    PresComm2.webp
    51.6 KB · Views: 238
Thanks Jason. If there is someone interested in an exchange for these coins please contact me.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom