PRESIDENTIAL INAUGURATION BADGE & More

catskillcomics

Oct 26, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
DFX
PRESIDENTIAL INAUGURATION BADGE & More

I decided to re-visit some foundations that I did a few weeks back. This time I went even slower than before and got myself into "the zone" and boy today was a good day.

I found myself 3 more Indian head pennies, 1898,1906 and date unknown at this time on the third one. Then I got myself what I believe is a V-nickel, again very packed with crud so it will need to soak in some Olive oil.

Finally, the best for last, I had a 20+ VDI and thought I was digging a nickel, which I would of been happy with as this place has been pretty much all old coins. But, out popped a badge.. "COOL", a kids badge "I thought" but too my surprise as I was washing it off, it ends up to be a Presidental inaugeration badge for Grover Clevelands 2nd non-consective presidential term. It Reads "Inauguration President Cleveland - Washington March 4, 1893.

I am certainly stoked with this find, I did a little research online, but yet to find this badge. So... I am hoping its a rare one "fingers crossed"

Attachments

• 10-11-09A.jpg
    10-11-09A.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 745
  • 10-11-09B.jpg
    10-11-09B.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 734
  • 10-11-09C.jpg
    10-11-09C.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 734
Upvote 0
Re: PRESIDENTIAL INAUGURATION BADGE & More

That is an exciting find! Hope it's rare :headbang:

HH!
TBGO

Great finds congrats.

That is awesome! Keep us posted

That Cleveland badge is way cool. Congrats on a very neat historic find.

Wow, that Cleveland badge really gets me stoked. To find a historic item that is more exciting for me than anything else I could find. I sure hope you have more success at this site. Keep us posted, and please post more pictures after cleaning.

What a great find...never saw one of those badges before.

very nice finds indeed :o MR TUFF

Keep us posted on that badge...please. Is it a badge that someone wore who had some kind of a special job on the day of the Inauguration? Wow!!! A really neat, historic find. Good job, on getting "into the zone." :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back