What's new

pretty good find!

relicmom

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2014
Messages
38
Reaction score
60
Golden Thread
0
Location
northern virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
white's dfx 300
tesoro eldorado
bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
11221559_10206936645880379_1426868233393997636_o.webpi found this in my yard a few days ago with my Garrett ATpro about a foot down....i believe it is a spencer carbine breechblock.....
 

Attachments

  • 10847230_10206936642120285_4635687238491372904_o.webp
    10847230_10206936642120285_4635687238491372904_o.webp
    57.3 KB · Views: 146
Upvote 14
IF THIS IS A SPENCER THEN YOU HAVE BBBRRAAGGING RIGHTS, AND I HOPE YOU ARE CORRECT, NEAT FIND......
 
That's a great find.
A foot down huh??
 
Looks like a piece of an old jack to me ? ? ?

But what do I know...

Size ?
 
it fits in my hand....
 
Well I am surprised no more comments here...

I was sorta waiting to see if some of the gun guys here would chime in on your theory or not.
I have not tried to back up my "observation" through research as of yet.

I by no means am sure that a jack part is what you have there.
 
Can't say for certain that it belongs to a Spencer, but definitely appears to be the receiver for a lever action of some type. A Spencer is one of the strong possibilities. A good cleaning should reveal some info on the top of the receiver to nail down the I.D.

Now go out and find the rest of it. :thumbsup:
 
Nice digs. Sure looks like a gun part.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom